aka chilitos, for a time.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1½ cup refried beans, homemade or store-bought
- 1 package Gardein beefless ground
- 2 cups shredded vegan cheese (I used Daiya classic blend)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2¼ cups water
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canned jalapeño slices (minced)
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
- Large flour tortillas
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil, and cook the beefless ground until heated through.
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the tomato paste and water, stirring until smooth. Add the vinegar, minced jalapeño, chili powder, dried onion flakes, salt, cayenne pepper. Heat the mixture until boiling.
Mix the 2 teaspoons of cornstarch with ¼ cup of cold water and add to the mixture. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes or until the mixture becomes thick. Remove from heat.
Add the refried beans to the skillet with the beefless ground and stir.
Slowly add 2½ cups of the sauce and half of the cheese, and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring often.
Heat tortillas in a skillet or microwave, then fill with the chili, and top with the rest of the cheese and sauce. Add any additional toppings you want (I added Follow Your Heart sour cream). Also optional: grill the burrito in a skillet.
Roll that shit, eat that shit, enjoy it!